you can survive a disaster?
you one of those 80%?
Think about it.
There are real benefits to being prepared.
By being prepared, we can reduce fear, anxiety, and losses that accompany not only disasters, but everyday situations that we do not expect. Communities, families, and individuals should know what to do in the event of a fire and where to seek shelter during a tornado. We should be ready to evacuate our homes and take refuge in public shelters and know how to care for our basic medical needs.
People also can reduce the impact of disasters, elevating a home or moving a home out of harm’s way, and securing items that could shake loose in an earthquake) and sometimes avoid the danger completely. No, we are not talking about building a remote bunker in the middle of no where, hording supplies, and waiting for Armageddon. This is about being prepared for any situation that could be life threatening. From natural to man made, from storms to losing your electricity for days. Being prepared is the key concept here.
Minimum Emergency for Traveling
Whenever you drive, you have the potential of facing an emergency. You vehicle breaks down, you have a flat tire, or you become stuck in snow or mud. It is very simple and inexpensive to prepare for this everyday emergency.
Losing Electrical Power
Weather, accidents, and storms can disrupt the electricity we are so used to having. Sometimes electricity flickers momentarily then comes back. Serious damage to power lines and the electrical grid can cause outages for days, or weeks. Safe Electricity has valuable information to keep you safe and comfortable during a power outage of any length.
Alabama -- Alaska -- Arizona -- Arkansas -- California -- Colorado -- Connecticut -- Delaware -- Florida -- Georgia -- Hawaii -- Idaho -- Illinois -- Indiana -- Iowa -- Kansas -- Kentucky -- Louisiana -- Maine -- Maryland -- Massachusetts -- Michigan -- Minnesota -- Mississippi -- Missouri -- Montana -- Nebraska -- Nevada -- New Hampshire -- New Jersey -- New Mexico -- New York -- North Carolina -- North Dakota -- Ohio -- Oklahoma -- Oregon -- Pennsylvania -- Rhode Island -- South Carolina -- South Dakota -- Tennessee -- Texas -- Utah -- Vermont -- Virginia -- Washington -- West Virginia -- Wisconsin -- Wyoming
Anticipated disruptions include:
- Natural disasters such as tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzards, and severe thunderstorms, etc.
- A disaster brought about by the activities of man: chemical spills, release of radioactive materials, nuclear or conventional war.
- General collapse of society, resulting from the unavailability of electricity, fuel, food, and water.
- Monetary disruption or economic collapse, stemming from monetary manipulation, hyperinflation, deflation, and/or worldwide economic depression.
- A sudden Pandemic spreading through the global population.
- Even becoming snowbound due to a major blizzard, spending the night stuck in a ditch, or just losing your electricity.
The minimum you will need is a package of basic tools and supplies prepared in advance as an aid to survival in an emergency.
Survival kits, in a variety of sizes, contain supplies and tools to provide a person with basic shelter against the elements, help them keep warm, meet their health and first aid needs, provide food and water, signal to rescuers, and assist them in finding their way back to help. Supplies in a survival kit normally contain a knife (often a Swiss army knife or a multi-tool), matches, tinder, first aid kit, bandana, fish hooks, sewing kit, and an LED flashlight with batteries.Civilians such as forestry workers, surveyors, or bush pilots, who work in remote locations or in regions with extreme climate conditions may also be equipped with survival kits. Disaster supplies are also kept on hand by those who live in areas prone to earthquakes or other natural disasters.
Printed maps are color coded, making their differences better to read. The fact that they are printed on big paper means they are them easy to use, do not need to be powered up making them always available and are cost effective.
Size : 2105.061 Kb
Type : pdf
- Genuine US War Fighter Rations - 12 different Meals per Case.
- Ideal for hunting, camping, hiking, fishing, boating, and emergency food supply.
- Includes flameless ration heaters for a hot meal anywhere you go. Long, Stable Shelf Life.
- Features Accessory Pack with coffee or beverage powder, matches, seasonings, gum, wet wipe, tissue.
- Designed for maximum endurance and nutrition with average 1250 calories per meal.
MSG free - Hormone free